If you love the classic Indian dessert rasmalai and the western french toast, this amalgamation of both dishes is perfect for you. These rasmalai flavoured french toasts are truly a treat. What is even better is that they are filled with fresh homemade kesar rabdi. This dessert has a rich and fragrant feel to it which is so delightful for everyone having a sweet tooth.
This is a perfect small sweet serving snack for the guests on any festival especially Diwali. These can be made in huge batches in advance and stored in the fridge as they’re served cold. It is definitely a favourite amongst kids and adults alike.
If you like this recipe, there are other delicious festive recipes on the blog like
- Healthy Protein-Rich Laddoos
- Vegan Lauki Coconut Halwa
- Chaulai Halwai (Puffed Amaranth Halwa)
- Simplest Gujia Recipe
- Rose Pistachio Milk
Rasmalai French Toast filled with Rabdi is a great festival party dessert cum snack. It’s a twist on the traditional Rasmalai but the taste and aroma are pretty darn similar.
- First, in a mixing bowl add milk, jaggery powder, Ossoro Rasmalai Gold flavour, Vanilla Custard Powder and mix together nicely.
- Using a round cookie cutter or a steel glass, cut out the bread in round shape.
- Then, dip them in the milk mixture for a second on each side.
- Next, toast them on a ghee greased pan and cook until brown on either side.
- Then, let them cool down and then spread one french toast with homemade rabri. Then, sandwich with another slice of french toast.
- Finally, top with nuts, seeds, and kesar strands.
Thank you Ossoro for sponsoring this post. And thank you for supporting brands that help me run this site.