Fluffy Millet Pancakes | Eggless, Gluten-free and Sugar-free
As if weekends were not great already, I have something to make them even more special. I mean, what better way to kick start your glorious weekend ahead than a healthy homemade and delicious breakfast that is quick to make and can be enjoyed with the whole family. Today, I have an awesome Fluffy Millet Pancakes recipe for you that is not only lip-smackingly delicious and satiating but also
- refined sugar-free
- made with few, simple ingredients
- light and fluffy
Now, let’s talk about the star of the recipe, Millet flour. Millets are superfoods which at one point were cultivated and consumed in abundance in India but thanks to the green revolution, we now pretty much only have wheat and rice in our diets. But, not to worry, millets are trending again and it makes me really happy because not only are millets so healthy and economical but also there are so many recipes that can make these super grains a part of our daily diet. Therefore, I am participating in this awesome #pristinemilletchallenge organised by Pristine Organics wherein I’ll share some awesome millet recipes using their products just like today’s Fluffy Millet Pancakes.
Finally, if you are out of breakfast ideas and looking for more recipes, check my breakfast recipe collection. If you have a sweet tooth, go for Choco Chia Pudding Parfait, Whole Wheat Pancakes or this Warm Chia Pudding with Caramelized Bananas. Furthermore, you can take a savoury route and check out recipes like Oats Chilla and Onion Tomato Uttapam. Finally, if you make this Fluffy Millet Pancakes recipe or any other recipe from my blog, please share the pictures with me by tagging me @thatdeliciousdish on Instagram. By all means, I love seeing your beautiful recreations. 🙂
Serves 2-3 people Yields 6 pancakes
Cooking time 20 minutes
Fluffy Millet Pancakes Recipe
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 1 cup Organic Foxtail Millet Flour
- A pinch of baking soda
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ cup milk (dairy or plant based)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Flavour (optional)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Honey
HOW TO MAKE FLUFFY MILLET PANCAKES
- Firstly, in a mixing bowl, add dry ingredients like millet flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon powder. Mix them well.
- Then, add mashed bananas, milk, vanilla extract, and whisk so that no lumps are created.
- Keep this batter aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan on low heat and then grease it with some butter.
- Then, scoop out ⅓ cup of pancake batter and pour it onto the lightly buttered pan.
- Next, cook on low heat until there are small bubbles on the top and the bottom of the pancake is golden brown.
- Further, flip and cook the other side too.
- Finally, serve the delicious Fluffy Millet Pancakes by stacking them over each other and topping with some bananas, berries, peanut butter, or honey.