As if weekends were not great already, here’s something special to make them even more exciting. I mean, what better way to kick start your glorious weekend than a healthy, homemade, and delicious breakfast that is quick to make. This Fluffy Millet Pancakes recipe is not only lip-smackingly delicious and satiating but also
- refined sugar-free
- made with few, simple ingredients
- light and fluffy
Now, let’s talk about the star of the recipe, Millet flour. Millets are superfoods which at one point were cultivated and consumed in abundance in India but thanks to the green revolution, we now pretty much only have wheat and rice in our diets. But, not to worry, millets are trending again and it makes me really happy because not only are millets so healthy and economical but also there are so many recipes that can make these super grains a part of our daily diet.
On that note, if you are out of breakfast ideas and looking for more such recipes, check all these breakfast recipes on the blog.
But if you can prefer a savoury route, check out recipes like
But if you have a sweet tooth, my favourites arePrint
These super healthy & delicious Fluffy Millet Pancakes are simple to make and are eggless, gluten-free, and sugar-free.
- 3–4 ripe bananas
- 1 cup foxtail millet flour (kaangni)
- A pinch of baking soda
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ cup milk (dairy or plant-based)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Firstly, in a mixing bowl, add dry ingredients like millet flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon powder. Mix them well.
- Then, add mashed bananas, milk, vanilla extract, and whisk so that no lumps are created. Keep this batter aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan on low heat and then grease it with some butter. Then, scoop out ⅓ cup of pancake batter and pour it onto the lightly buttered pan.
- Next, cook on low heat until there are small bubbles on the top and the bottom of the pancake is golden brown. Flip and cook the other side too.
- Finally, serve the delicious Fluffy Millet Pancakes by stacking them over each other and topping with some bananas, berries, peanut butter, or honey.