Being a big time dessert person, I am always looking for new, fancy and delicious dessert recipes. But it goes without saying that consuming a lot of sugar is not the best thing in the world and so inevitably I also always keep looking for sugar replacers or sweeteners. Now, if you’ve been following my blog for a while now you must have noticed that I generally use ingredients like dates, figs, bananas, and honey as sweeteners. I have never yet used sweet dry fruits raisins or kishmish mainly owing to its dominating fruity taste. I am happy to say that in this particular recipe, raisins go so well with oats and cocoa powder. I love how the all the 4 ingredients blend and complement each other so well.
Choco Oatmeal Raisin Bites are small balls having fudge-like consistency, a sweet fruity and chocolaty flavor and a perfect texture.
Choco Oatmeal Raisin Bites is a perfect dessert for weight watchers, health conscious people as it is sugar-free, oil-free and of course guilt-free:). It is sweetened by natural dried fruit and has nutritional benefits of oats, unsweetened cocoa powder, and cinnamon.
Serves 10 small bites
Cooking time 15 minutes
- 1⁄2 cup of raisins or kishmish
- 1⁄3 cup quaker rolled oats, dry roasted
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- In a pan dry roast (without oil) the oats on low to medium heat until is it brown and crisp. Let it cool down and keep aside.
- In a blender, add roasted oats, raisins, unsweetened cocoa powder and cinnamon powder and grind. Leave 1-2 tbsp of oats for coating on top of the bites.
- You might have to grind for 6-7 seconds periodically about 10 times to reach a thick paste like consistency provided you are not using a very high performance blender.
- Once everything is perfectly blended, make small bite size balls of the thick dough by rolling between your palms.
- On a flat place or tray, spread the extra roasted oats and roll the balls on the oats so that is it coated evenly on the balls.
- If you are someone who doesn’t like dominating fruity taste, go ahead and add a tbsp of honey in the mixture. Also, add more cacao powder. This will make the bites sweeter and more chocolaty.
- These bites are soft and have a fudge like consistency at room temperature. Feel free to refrigerate them but keep it mind that refrigeration will make them very firm.