No-Bake Layered Christmas Dessert
Merry Christmas, everyone! It’s a beautiful time of the year with all the festivities, traditions, great food and togetherness. 🙂 As much as I love cooking, during the holidays, I love spending quality time with my family and friends and like to reduce my time in the kitchen. One way I’m able to do it is by making some easy to make, quick dessert recipe that tastes amazing. Today, I am sharing a melt-in-your-mouth no bake layered dessert.
No-Bake Layered Christmas Dessert has a crunchy buttery base, a dense rich middle layer of chocolate and peanut butter and a soft, aromatic coconut top layer. No-Bake Layered Christmas Dessert has a perfect amalgamation of flavours and texture which will make you not wanna stop at just one bite.
Serves 4-5 people
Cooking time 2-3 hours
- 110g Parle G biscuits (anu digestive buiscuits can also be used)
- 5-6 tbsp of melted unsalted butter
- 200 gm of dark chocolate bars
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ cup desiccated or shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp sugar (or as per taste)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Make very fine crumbs of the ParleG biscuits by putting them in a clean plastic bag and crushing them with a rolling pin or a heavy wooden spatula.
- Warm and melt butter in a pan. Pour the hot melted butter in the ParleG crumbs and mix well so that all the crumbs are evenly coated in butter.
- Place parchment paper or foil in a shallow pan and lay out the mixture on it. Pat or press it down evenly throughout the base of the pan to create half an inch of a layer. Pop it in the freezer for it to solidify.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate bar by using the double boiler method. Once it is melted, add peanut butter and mix well so that the chocolate and peanut butter mixes well. At this point feel free to add any nuts or dry fruits if desired.
- Once the bottom layer is solid, pour the melted chocolate and peanut butter over it. Smooth the top using a rubber spatula. Refrigerate until both layers solidify or for 3 hours.
- Finally, when both the bottom and middle layers are solid, prepare the top layer.
- to prepare the top layer, warm coconut oil in a pan. Pour it into a mixture of desiccated or shredded coconut and mix well.
- Pour the coconut mixture over the solid middle layer. Press to lay it flat, smooth and even. Again, pop it in the refrigerator until it is completely solid.
- Cut the pieces in shape of your choice and enjoy.
- Store in the refrigerator.