People often draw an impression that making pasta sauce from scratch takes a lot of time and effort to make. Let me bust that myth for you because this cheesy tomato pasta recipe is really easy and quick to make. Considering that it looks and tastes incredibly delicious, no one’s gonna
Cheesy tomato pasta has an aromatic tangy flavour along with a velvety smooth texture thanks to all that awesome cheese that went into it.
It’s made from simple ingredients that are easily available and definitely different from your classic Arrabiata in terms of texture and flavour. Give this recipe a try and you are in for a treat.
Cheesy tomato pasta has an aromatic tangy flavour with a velvety texture thanks to all that awesome cheese that went into it.
- 1 cup of dry fusilli pasta which yields around 2 cups of cooked pasta
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4–5 cloves of garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 medium onion, diced finely
- 6 medium-sized tomatoes, skin peeled and pureed
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly crushed
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp dry oregano flakes and red chilli flakes for garnishing (optional)
- In a saucepan, add dry uncooked pasta (fusilli used in this recipe) and add 3 cups of water, 1 tbsp of salt, and cook until the pasta is soft and good to consume.
- Blanch (immerse tomatoes in boiling water for a minute and immediately put them in ice-cold water. This will make the skin of the tomatoes to peel off the meat ) and puree (make a paste) 6 tomatoes.
- In a pan add olive oil and saute onion and garlic until they are translucent and brown. Add tomato puree to the pan. Cook and reduce on low heat for 5 minutes. Add Italian seasoning and mix well.
- Add crushed black pepper, salt, and cooked pasta and cook for a minute. Add grated cheese and cook until it is melted and mixed well with the pasta and sauce.
- Garnish with grated cheese, dry oregano, and red chilli flakes.
Keywords: pasta, italian, cheese, tomato