Cheesy tomato pasta has an aromatic tangy flavour with a velvety texture thanks to all that awesome cheese that went into it.
- 1 cup of dry fusilli pasta which yields around 2 cups of cooked pasta
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4–5 cloves of garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 medium onion, diced finely
- 6 medium-sized tomatoes, skin peeled and pureed
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly crushed
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp dry oregano flakes and red chilli flakes for garnishing (optional)
- In a saucepan, add dry uncooked pasta (fusilli used in this recipe) and add 3 cups of water, 1 tbsp of salt and cook until the pasta is soft and good to consume.
- Blanch (immerse tomatoes in boiling water for a minute and immediately put them in ice cold water. This will make the skin of the tomatoes to peel off the meat ) and puree (make a paste) 6 tomatoes.
- In a pan add olive oil and saute onion and garlic until they are translucent and brown.
- Add tomato puree in the pan. Cook and reduce on low heat for 5 minutes. Add Italian seasoning and mix well.
- Add crushed black pepper, salt and cooked pasta and cook for a minute.
- Add grated cheese and cook until it is melted and mixed well with the pasta and sauce.
- Garnish with grated cheese, dry oregano and red chilli flakes.
Keywords: pasta, italian, cheese, tomato