Skip to Content
- 2 cups of makhana or foxnuts
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 4 tbsp of jaggery or gur
- 1 tbsp of white sesame seeds
- Dry roast the makhana on a heated pan for about 10 minutes until they are crunchy and crisp. Keep them aside.
- On a pan add ghee.
- Add jaggery and caramelize it on low heat for about 7-10 minutes. Don’t let the jaggery turn dark brown.
- Switch off the heat and add roasted makhana or foxnuts to the caramelized jaggery.
- Add sesame seeds and mix really well so that the makhanas or foxnuts are evenly coated.
- When you are coating the jaggery on the foxnuts, don’t worry if they sticking to each other. You can easily separate them once they cool down.