Easy to make stir-fried, caramelized garlic and mushroom tossed with saucy aromatic noodles. This Garlic Mushroom Noodles recipe uses just 10 simple ingredients and takes around 20 minutes to make.
Noodles with garlic and mushroom – can’t see why anyone could resist that. It has sliced garlic and mushrooms caramelizing in toasted sesame oil mixed with saucy noodles – yum, yum, and yum! Another thing to love – this recipe is great for days when you don’t feel like cooking and need a low effort and tasty meal.
Why should you make Garlic Mushroom Noodles?
- It takes only 20 minutes to make
- Requires 10 simple ingredients
- Low effort – high reward meal
- Has an amazing umami flavour
Tips and Tricks
- Noodles – after the noodles are boiled/cooked and strained, run them through cold water. This prevents them from sticking. Another tip is to pour a little bit of oil and coat them.
- Salt – you might want to taste the dish seasoning it towards the end. The addition of salt while cooking the noodles and soy sauce makes the Garlic Mushroom Noodles pretty salty.
- Garlic – this recipe uses a lot of garlic for its magic aroma and taste. But if you’re up for more garlicky flavour, add garlic powder before adding the noodles.
For Garlic Mushroom Noodles, go for Hakka noodles or even instant noodles. Also spaghetti – It works really well with this dish. That’s what I used in this recipe.
Avoid overcooking the noodles. Keep on checking in between and take off the heat immediately after they are done.
Then, after they are fully cooked, either run them under cold water or transfer them in a big bowl having ice water.
Noodles stick because they keep on expanding with all the residual heat that’s left in them. Once you put them in cold water they stop expanding they remain the same.
Yes! Any sort of edible mushroom works great for this dish. You can also add assortments of mushrooms. They will add umami and a depth of flavour to this dish.
There are a lot of alternative like any hot sauce, chilli sauce, schezwan sauce, sweet chilli Thai sauce. If you don’t have any of these, use ketchup along with some chilli flakes or powder.
I highly recommend toasted sesame oil for this dish. In case you don’t have it, use any neutral vegetable oil.
More Delicious Dishes
If you liked this Garlic Mushroom Noodles recipe and looking for similar appetizing recipes, the following are the best from this blog
- Chilli Garlic Mushroom
- Crispy Chilli Garlic Baby Corns
- Dry Manchurian Recipe
- Chilli Garlic Noodles
- Spicy Thai Mushroom Maggi/ Ramen
Recipe Video – How to make Garlic Mushroom Noodles?
Garlic Mushroom Noodles
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 persons 1x
- Method: Stovetop
- Diet: Vegan
Easy to make stir-fried, caramelized garlic and mushroom tossed with saucy aromatic noodles.
- 0.75 litres or 3½ cups water
- 125 grams spaghetti noodles (yields 350 grams cooked noodles)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 6–8 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 large spring onion, chopped (keep white and green part separate)
- 200g or 2.5 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- ½ tsp black pepper, freshly crushed
- Season a boiling pan of water with salt. Add noodles and cook them until they are soft. Follow the packet instructions.
- Heat toasted sesame oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Sauté garlic and spring onions (white part) until golden brown. Add sliced mushroom. Stir fry them on high heat for around 2 minutes.
- Toss cooked noodles and mix them well. Add vinegar, soy sauce, and sriracha.
- Season salt (if needed) and black pepper powder and garnish with the green part of spring onions.
Super recipe…..can i use red chilli sauce.. in place of sriracha sauce?
Hi Supali! Thanks a lot. Yes, you can use red chili sauce instead of sriracha.
Super yum it is garlicky, love it Shradha.
Thank you, Kamaljeet! 🙂