Purple Noodles & Tofu Veggies Stir Fry
Time for some vibrant and colourful delicious food!! This recipe is one of our many experiments at Life is Delicious which turned out pretty tasty.
The richness of both flavours, taste, and colours makes Purple Noodles & Tofu Veggies Stir Fry a perfect lunch or dinner. Purple Noodles & Tofu Veggies Stir Fry has protein, vitamins, good carbs and is a nutrient-dense meal. It has a sweet, salty and spicy flavour which is totally customizable according to your taste and palette.
Also, we are experimenting with natural food colours or dyes as research has shown that artificial food colouring can cause cancer, allergies and learning impairment. So the purple colour of the whole wheat noodles came from the gorgeous red cabbage.
Serves 2 people
Cooking time 30 minutes
For purple noodles
- 250 grams of whole wheat noodles
- 1 medium-sized red cabbage
- 2-3 cups of water
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Red chilli flakes for garnishing
For Tofu Stir Fry
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1-2 medium onions, sliced finely
- 7-10 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250 grams of tofu
- 2 cups of sliced mix veggies – carrots, red and green capsicum, baby corn, broccoli.
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp of black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, for garnishing
For Purple Rice
- In a pan, 3-4 cups of water and add whole wheat noodles, sliced red cabbage, salt and vinegar.
- Boil for 15-20 minutes on low to medium heat until the noodles are completely cooked or boiled.
- Drain the noodles along with cabbage and let it completely dry.
- Garnish with red chilli flakes
For Tofu Veggies Stir Fry
- In a pan, add sesame oil, add chopped onions and garlic and saute for couple of minutes until they turn golden light brown and translucent.
- Add white vineger, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce and mix.
- Add all the sliced veggies and keep sauteing on low heat of 5-10 minutes. Mix everything up really nicely.
- Add tofu, salt and black pepper, mix well and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with white sesame seeds and serve along with purple noodles.