Mango Coconut Tofu Curry has a pleasant sweet and savoury taste with a creamy texture.
- 2 tbsp tsp oil
- Green chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp mustard and cumin seeds
- 2 medium-sized onions, diced
- 5–6 garlic cloves, crushed or diced finely
- 1 tbsp tumeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander or dhaniya powder
- Red chilli powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- 2 mangoes, puréed
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 200 gm tofu
- 10 cashews or kaju
- 1–2 green capsicum, sliced vertically
- Coriander leaves, for garnish
- Coconut powder, for garnish
- Whole red chillies, for garnish
- First, in a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp oil on medium flame. Add cumin and mustard seed. Once mustard seeds start to splutter, add chopped green chillies.
- Add diced onions and garlic and sauté until it’s golden brown and fragrant.
- Meanwhile, peel fresh mangoes and add its slices and coconut milk in a blender to make a thick mango purée.
- In the pan, add spices like turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder.
- Pour the mango coconut purée in the pan and mix.
- Depending on what consistency you’d like for your curry to have, adjust it by adding water.
- Then, grease another flat pan or tawa with 1 tbsp oil, and sear both sides of the tofu until it’s golden brown on both sides. After it’s done, cut them in square-shaped slices.
- Next, add tofu pieces, cashew nuts, sliced green capsicum. Cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Finally, serve Mango Coconut Tofu Curry with rice. Garnish with coconut powder, coriander leaves and red chillies.