Is there any such thing as too many mangoes? I don’t think so. I’ve been in love with mangoes all through my life and my utter affection towards them motivates me to go above and beyond to create fresh, new recipes using them. This Vegan Mango Coconut Tofu curry which not only is super easy to make but is also very light, completely dairy-free, and delicious.
Despite its rich, decadent flavours and texture, this Vegan Mango Coconut Tofu Curry is very light on the stomach. That being said, it has a very pleasant sweet and savoury taste with a creamy texture, thanks to the addition of coconut milk. Moreover, serve it with rice in the summer for lunch or dinner and you are definitely in for a treat.
If you like this recipe, I am happy to let you know that I have many other Mango recipes on my blog. Some of my favourites arePrint
Vegan Mango Coconut Tofu Curry
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 3 cups 1x
- Category: Meals
- Method: Stovetop and Blender
- Cuisine: Indian
- Diet: Vegan
Mango Coconut Tofu Curry has a pleasant sweet and savoury taste with a creamy texture.
- 2 tbsp tsp oil
- Green chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp mustard and cumin seeds
- 2 medium-sized onions, diced
- 5–6 garlic cloves, crushed or diced finely
- 1 tbsp tumeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander or dhaniya powder
- Red chilli powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- 2 mangoes, puréed
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 200 gm tofu
- 10 cashews or kaju
- 1–2 green capsicum, sliced vertically
- Coriander leaves, for garnish
- Coconut powder, for garnish
- Whole red chillies, for garnish
- First, in a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp oil on medium flame. Add cumin and mustard seed. Once mustard seeds start to splutter, add chopped green chillies.
- Add diced onions and garlic and sauté until it’s golden brown and fragrant.
- Meanwhile, peel fresh mangoes and add its slices and coconut milk in a blender to make a thick mango purée.
- In the pan, add spices like turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder.
- Pour the mango coconut purée in the pan and mix.
- Depending on what consistency you’d like for your curry to have, adjust it by adding water.
- Then, grease another flat pan or tawa with 1 tbsp oil, and sear both sides of the tofu until it’s golden brown on both sides. After it’s done, cut them in square-shaped slices.
- Next, add tofu pieces, cashew nuts, sliced green capsicum. Cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Finally, serve Mango Coconut Tofu Curry with rice. Garnish with coconut powder, coriander leaves and red chillies.