If there’s one dish that can be made in a jiffy (just 15 minutes) and can be served as a starter, an appetizer, and a full-blown main dish, it is this Chilli Garlic Mushroom. Its simple recipe comes together so effortlessly quickly that it’s a perfect ‘surprise guest visit’ snack. It has a rich garlicky aroma and a totally lip-smacking taste. And as mentioned before, Chilli Garlic Mushroom can be eaten as an appetizer with a dip, also as a main dish with fried rice or noodles.
As far as flavour is concerned, it has a rich savour of garlic, tender sweetness from caramelized onions, subtle pungency from vinegar and soy sauce. All in all, nothing less than a treat for your taste buds. In this recipe, I’ve used whole button mushrooms, you can use any kind and also chop them if that’s your preference.
More Delicious Dishes
- Garlic Mushroom Noodles
- Crispy Chilli Garlic Baby Corns
- Dry Manchurian Recipe
- Chilli Garlic Noodles
- Spicy Thai Mushroom Maggi/ Ramen
Recipe Video – How to make Chilli Garlic Mushroom?Print
Chilli Garlic Mushroom
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Indo-Chinese
- Diet: Vegan
Chilli Garlic Mushroom has a rich savour of garlic, tender sweetness from caramelized onions, subtle pungency from vinegar and soy sauce, all in all, nothing less than a treat for your taste buds.
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- An onion, finely chopped
- 6–7 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sweet Chilli Garlic Sauce
- 1 tsp salt (or as per taste)
- 1 tsp black pepper, finely crushed
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- First, add sesame oil to a frying pan on low to medium heat. Add finely diced onions, garlic and saute until golden brown and translucent.
- Then, add vinegar, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce. Mix well and cook on low heat.
- Next, add mushrooms* and stir so that the sauce is evenly coated on every mushroom. Keep cooking on low heat.
- Further, add salt, red chilli powder, black pepper powder and mix well.
- Then, cover the pan and cook on low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Finally, garnish with coriander leaves, sesame seeds and serve Chilli Garlic Mushroom hot.
- If sesame oil is not available, saute in butter and add some olive oil because butter on its own has low smoking and burning point.
- Also, I have added whole mushrooms in this recipe, you can add sliced mushrooms as well.
Too salty. I wouldn’t add any extra salt, soy sauce would be sufficient. This wasn’t edible.
Thanks for your feedback, Leanne. Well, it depends on the soy sauce you’re using. That’s why in the recipe I mentioned, put salt as per your taste. But, I will edit it to be clearer. One tip is to always taste before using salt when you’re adding soy sauce too.
Mushroom is love and so that excited me to try it out myself. Your steps helped me a lot it was a great guide. The recipe turned out to be very tasty and delicious all credit goes to you thank you so much.
That’s such a sweet comment. 🙂 Thanks for trying the recipe out. I’m glad you liked it.
Super chilli garlic mushroom
Thank you! 🙂
Best and full proof recipe.
Quick easy n delicious recipe
Thanks a lot. 🙂
I tried it! tasted so good. easy to make.
Thank you so much!
Awesome recipe! 🙂
I added enoki mushrooms to this after the button mushrooms were nearly done cooking, and it made for a deliciously noodle-like mushroom side dish. Thanks for the recipe!
I’m glad to know that! 🙂 Sounds yummy!