If there’s one dish that can be made in a jiffy (just 15 minutes) and can be served as a starter, an appetizer, and a full-blown main dish, it is this Chilli Garlic Mushroom. Its simple recipe comes together so effortlessly quickly that it’s a perfect ‘surprise guest visit’ snack. It has a rich garlicky aroma and a totally lip-smacking taste. And as mentioned before, Chilli Garlic Mushroom can be eaten as an appetizer with a dip, also as a main dish with fried rice or noodles.
As far as flavour is concerned, it has a rich savour of garlic, tender sweetness from caramelized onions, subtle pungency from vinegar and soy sauce. All in all, nothing less than a treat for your taste buds. In this recipe, I’ve used whole button mushrooms, you can use any kind and also chop them if that’s your preference.
More Delicious Dishes
- Garlic Mushroom Noodles
- Crispy Chilli Garlic Baby Corns
- Dry Manchurian Recipe
- Chilli Garlic Noodles
- Spicy Thai Mushroom Maggi/ Ramen
Recipe Video – How to make Chilli Garlic Mushroom?Print
Chilli Garlic Mushroom has a rich savour of garlic, tender sweetness from caramelized onions, subtle pungency from vinegar and soy sauce, all in all, nothing less than a treat for your taste buds.
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- An onion, finely chopped
- 6–7 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sweet Chilli Garlic Sauce
- 1 tsp salt (or as per taste)
- 1 tsp black pepper, finely crushed
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- First, add sesame oil to a frying pan on low to medium heat. Add finely diced onions, garlic and saute until golden brown and translucent.
- Then, add vinegar, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce. Mix well and cook on low heat.
- Next, add mushrooms* and stir so that the sauce is evenly coated on every mushroom. Keep cooking on low heat.
- Further, add salt, red chilli powder, black pepper powder and mix well.
- Then, cover the pan and cook on low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Finally, garnish with coriander leaves, sesame seeds and serve Chilli Garlic Mushroom hot.
- If sesame oil is not available, saute in butter and add some olive oil because butter on its own has low smoking and burning point.
- Also, I have added whole mushrooms in this recipe, you can add sliced mushrooms as well.