If there’s one dish that can be made in a jiffy (just 15 minutes) and can be served as a starter, an appetizer and a full-blown main dish, it is this Chilli Garlic Mushroom. Its simple recipe comes together so effortlessly quick that it’s a perfect ‘surprise guest visit’ snack. It has a rich garlicky aroma and a totally lip-smacking taste. And as mentioned before, Chilli Garlic Mushroom can be eaten as an appetizer with a dip, also as a main dish with fried rice or noodles.
As far as flavour is concerned, it has a rich savour of garlic, tender sweetness from caramelized onions, subtle pungency from vinegar and soy sauce. All in all, nothing less than a treat for your taste buds. In this recipe, I’ve used whole button mushrooms, you can use any kind and also chop them if that’s your preference.
If you liked this chilli garlic mushroom recipe and looking for more appetizing recipes, I’m sure you’ll also love
- Garlic Mushroom Noodles
- Crispy Chilli Garlic Baby Corns
- Dry Manchurian Recipe
- Chilli Garlic Noodles
- Spicy Thai Mushroom Maggi/ Ramen
Chilli Garlic Mushroom has a rich savour of garlic, tender sweetness from caramelized onions, subtle pungency from vinegar and soy sauce, all in all, nothing less than a treat for your taste buds.
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seed Cooking Oil
- An onion, finely chopped
- 6–7 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt (or as per taste)
- 1 tsp black pepper, finely crushed
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sweet Chilli Garlic Sauce
- 1 tsp Soya Sauce
- 2 tsp white sesame (til) seeds
- ¼ cup coriander (dhaniya) leaves
- First, add oil in a frying pan on low to medium heat. Add finely diced onions, garlic and saute until golden brown and translucent.
- Then, add vinegar, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce. Mix well and cook on low heat.
- Next, add mushrooms* and stir so that the sauce is evenly coated on every mushroom. Keep cooking on low heat.
- Further, add salt, red chilli powder, black pepper powder and mix well.
- Then, cover the pan and cook on low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Finally, garnish with coriander (dhaniya) leaves, sesame (til) seeds and serve Chilli Garlic Mushroom hot.
- If sesame oil is not available, saute in butter and add some olive oil because butter on its own has low smoking and burning point.
- Also, I have added whole mushrooms in this recipe, you can add sliced mushrooms as well.
Keywords: vegan,snacks,indo-chinese,mushrooms,chilli garlic,