This Mini Mushroom Sandwich is a melt-in-your-mouth, spicy, and hearty veggie sandwich. Moreover, its buttery crunchy exterior complements its cheesy and chunky filling. Also, all its ingredients are easily available and it has a simple, quick, and easy recipe. Needless to say, if you have mushrooms lying around in the house, give this recipe a try and thank me later. 🙂
In this recipe, I’ve used button mushrooms as they are easily available in India but you can use any other type of mushrooms of your choice. Also, use different spreads and condiments in your sandwich if you prefer but I’ve kept the recipe pretty simple here and it turned out to be very delicious. Furthermore, this Mushroom sandwich can be had for breakfast or as a snack. Also, if cut into small bite-size mini sandwiches as I’ve done, you can serve them at a party as well.
If you like this recipe, I am happy to let you know that there are other amazing sandwiches/toast recipes on the blog. Some of my favourites are
- Vegan Chickpea Sandwich
- Cucumber Mint tea Sandwich
- Avocado Toast
- Tofu Scramble Toast
- Cheese Toast With Veggies
Mini Mushroom Sandwich is a melt-in-mouth, spicy and hearty sandwich with buttery, crunchy exterior complementing its cheesy and chunky filling.
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 5–6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3–4 pods of garlic, diced finely
- A handful of coriander or dhaniya leaves
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 slices of cheese
- 1 tbsp mixed Italian dry herbs
- Pinch of black pepper
- To begin with, add butter to a flat pan and toast two slices of bread.
- Meanwhile, in another frying pan, add butter + olive oil and sauté onion and garlic. Then, add diced mushroom. Once you sauté it on low flame for 5 mins, add Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Then, on one toasted slice, add a cheese slice.
- Next, add the mushroom stuffing.
- Finally, complete the Mini Mushroom Sandwich recipe by covering with the second bread slice.