Chilli Garlic Mushroom has a rich savour of garlic, tender sweetness from caramelized onions, subtle pungency from vinegar and soy sauce, all in all, nothing less than a treat for your taste buds.
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seed Cooking Oil
- An onion, finely chopped
- 6–7 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt (or as per taste)
- 1 tsp black pepper, finely crushed
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sweet Chilli Garlic Sauce
- 1 tsp Soya Sauce
- 2 tsp white sesame (til) seeds
- ¼ cup coriander (dhaniya) leaves
- First, add oil in a frying pan on low to medium heat. Add finely diced onions, garlic and saute until golden brown and translucent.
- Then, add vinegar, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce. Mix well and cook on low heat.
- Next, add mushrooms* and stir so that the sauce is evenly coated on every mushroom. Keep cooking on low heat.
- Further, add salt, red chilli powder, black pepper powder and mix well.
- Then, cover the pan and cook on low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Finally, garnish with coriander (dhaniya) leaves, sesame (til) seeds and serve Chilli Garlic Mushroom hot.
- If sesame oil is not available, saute in butter and add some olive oil because butter on its own has low smoking and burning point.
- Also, I have added whole mushrooms in this recipe, you can add sliced mushrooms as well.
Keywords: vegan,snacks,indo-chinese,mushrooms,chilli garlic,