Mushroom Aglio Olio Spaghetti is one of the simplest vegan pasta recipes there is. However, its simplicity does not mean it compromises on the flavours and aroma of this dish. The sheer fragrance of garlic-infused olive oil in a good Aglio Olio Spaghetti is mind-blowing and a treat to your taste buds.
This Aglio Olio Spaghetti Pasta recipe is made using mushrooms as they go really well with the olive oil and garlic but there are numerous other veggies that can be used to make this recipe like zucchini, broccoli, bell peppers, etc. Mushroom Aglio Olio Spaghetti has less than 5 main vegan ingredients and is really easy and quick to make. The flavour of olive oil and garlic dominates this pasta recipe and makes for a perfect delicious lazy dinner.
If you’re looking for other mushroom recipes, here some of the best ones from the blogPrint
Mushroom Aglio Olio Spaghetti
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 persons 1x
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Vegan
Mushroom Aglio Olio Spaghetti is one of the simplest pasta recipes there is but its simplicity doesn’t compromise on the flavours & aroma of this dish.
- 250 gms whole wheat spaghetti
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 6–8 button mushrooms, washed and diced
- 6–8 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly grounded or powdered (optional)
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes (optional)
- 3 tbsp coriander or dhania leaves, chopped (optional)
- Water as needed for cooking spaghetti pasta
- In a saucepan, cook the spaghetti pasta by boiling it in a good amount of saltwater (add around 2 tbsp of salt to the water) for around 9-12 minutes.
- In a separate frying pan, heat olive oil and garlic together on a low flame. Let them cook together slowly so that the garlic infuses nicely in the oil.
- When the garlic starts turning light brown, add diced mushroom and sauté for 5 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Drain the boiled or cooked pasta and toss it into the pan with sauteed mushrooms and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add freshly ground pepper, red chilli flakes, and more salt if needed. Mix everything nicely and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander/dhania leaves and serve
Can the coriander be substituted for parsley. It looks like parsley in the picture..
Yes! Parsley can also be used.
Love the recipe. 🙂❣️