All throughout summer this year, I’ve relished on numerous smoothies and kind of became obsessed with them. My all-time favourite is, of course, banana chocolate smoothie. So, when the winters hit, I really missed having my smoothies for breakfast because they are generally cold and I always crave for something warm and comforting in the winters. So, I recreated my favourite Chocolate Smoothie, making it an absolute treat for colder mornings.
This Warm Chocolate Smoothie is naturally sweetened by bananas and dates, but if you don’t shy away from refined sugar, go ahead and add that to this beverage. Also, the texture of this smoothie is super smooth and the secret behind that, what I think, is coconut milk. Replace your regular milk with coconut milk for this recipe and it will do wonders. I have tried using very simple and fewer ingredients in this recipe. During testing this recipe, I experimented with a lot of flavours and ingredients and realised that this smoothie tastes best when kept simple and classic.
Serves 2 people
Cooking time 10 minutes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- 2 dates (khajoor)
- 1½ tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon (dal cheeni) powder
- In a blender, add coconut milk, banana slices, dates, cocoa powder and cinnamon powder.
- Blend all ingredients together to make a smooth and thick smoothie.
- In a sauce pan, warm the smoothie on low heat, Keep stiring continously as the smoothie might stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Make sure you don’t heat it for a long period of time.
- When it is warm enough, serve in a cup.