If I had realised earlier that making a snack bar at home is so downright easy and quick to make, I would have never ever bought it from a store. Not only are decent store-bought protein bars a bit expensive, but one also cannot predict what exactly in it. So, making this incredibly delicious, no bake, made from only 5 easily available ingredients is the right way to go. You can also make it in large batches and store for around a week if you eat protein bars on a daily basis
I personally don’t like sticky bars, so I’ve not added
- 1 cup dry roasted nuts like almonds, cashews and walnuts
- 1 cup dry roasted rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp honey
- In a pan, dry roast nuts of your choice on low to medium heat
fro5-10 minutes. In this recipe almonds, cashews and walnuts are used.
- Keep the nuts aside and dry roast rolled oats on low to medium heat until they turn light brown.
- In a mixing bowl, add roasted nuts, roasted oats, peanut butter, honey and chia seeds. Mix everything well.
- Grease a flat plate or tray with coconut oil/ ghee/ butter or lay a parchment or butter paper and mould the mixture into a thick flat rectangle.
- Refrigerate for 4-5 hours or overnight. In a morning, cut into even rectangular bars.
- If your mixture becomes too sticky, add more oats. If it’s dry and doesn’t stick together, add more honey or peanut butter depending on how sweet you want it to be.
- This recipe is very versatile and customizable. Like I added a couple of
raisinslast minute as I like the extra sweetness and texture they provide. Go ahead and add any other dried fruit like figs, berries etc. of your choice and preference.