This Chilli Garlic Baby Corn is perfect as an appetizer, finger food, side dish or to impress guests at your party. Honestly, whenever or wherever you’re serving it, I can vouch for the fact that it will not stay on the table for long. It’s too damn tasty! For this recipe, I am using baby corn as a preferred veggie, but the best part is that you are free to replace it with cauliflower, sweet corn, or potatoes.
Moreover, Chilli Garlic Baby Corn’s recipe is really easy to make and doesn’t take a lot of time either. First, you just have to coat it in a batter and fry baby corn to make them really crispy. Then, prepare an awesome fiery, garlicky sauce and toss the crispy baby corn in it. Just sprinkle some sesame seeds on top and tada! you are in for a treat.
If you’re looking for more such delicious indo-chinese style recipes, my favorites on my blog are
- Chilli Garlic Mushroom
- Dry Manchurian Recipe
- Chilli Garlic Noodles
- Spicy Thai Mushroom Maggi/ Ramen
- Chilli Garlic Noodles
Crispy Chilli Garlic Baby Corn
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 persons 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stovetop
- Diet: Vegetarian
A crispy and mouth-watering finger-food with fried baby corn tossed in a fiery and garlicky sauce and topped with sesame seeds.
- 250 gm baby corn
- 2–3 cups of water
- 2 tbsp cornflour/corn starch
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour or maida
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 2–3 cup oil for frying
- 1 tbsp Virgin Cold-pressed Sesame Oil (for the chilli garlic sauce)
- 5–6 cloves of garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 tsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sweet Chilli Garlic Sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- First, boil the baby corns for 5 minutes so that they cook and become softer.
- Then, in a mixing bowl add cornflour, maida, salt, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp black pepper powder and mix well. Add some water to form a paste of medium-thick consistency.
- Next, coat the baby corns in the paste evenly and fry them until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, add 1 tbsp sesame oil and sauté crushed garlic. Add soy sauce, vinegar, tomato ketchup and mix well.
- Add salt, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp black pepper powder and mix.
- Lastly, add crispy fried baby corns in the chilli garlic sauce and coat well. Cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Finally, sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds on top and serve freshly prepared Chilli Garlic Baby Corn.
Talks about tomato ketchup in the instructions but not in the ingredients. Also mentions 1tsp red chilli powder in the ingredients but asks twice for a teaspoon in the instructions. Very confusing and unclear.
Thank you so much for this delicious recipe. We have a lot of baby corn growing in our garden right now and I wanted to find something special to make with them. It was really tasty, with a great balance of sweet, spicy and umami flavours. 🙂
Thank you! I’m so happy to know you liked this recipe. 🙂
Must try recipe. Lookig yum!
I turned out very crispy and tasty.