A crispy and mouth-watering finger-food with fried baby corn tossed in a fierry and garlicky sauce and topped with sesame seeds.
- 250 gm baby corn
- 2–3 cups of water
- 2 tbsp cornflour/corn starch
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour or maida
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 2–3 cup oil for frying
- 1 tbsp Virgin Cold pressed Sesame Oil (for the chilli garlic sauce)
- 5–6 cloves of garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 tsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sweet Chilli Garlic Sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- First, boil the baby corns for 5 minutes so that they cook and become softer.
- Then, in a mixing bowl add corn flour, maida, salt, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp black pepper powder and mix well. Add some water to form a paste of medium thick consistency.
- Next, coat the baby corns in the paste evenly and fry them until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, add 1 tbsp sesame oil and sauté crushed garlic. Add soy sauce, vinegar, tomato ketchup and mix well.
- Add salt, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp black pepper powder and mix.
- Lastly, add crispy fried baby corns in the chilli garlic sauce and coat well. Cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Finally, sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds on top and serve freshly prepared Chilli Garlic Baby Corn.