Next time you get Maggi or Ramen, ditch the spice sachet and try this easy to make, Spicy Thai Mushroom Maggi/Ramen instead. Thank me later!
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 7–8 cloves of garlic, crushed or diced finely
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2–3 whole red chillies
- 250 gm of mushroom, chopped (I used button mushroom)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 5 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple or date syrup (non-vegan option – honey)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 packets of Maggi or Ramen Noodles
- Roasted peanuts
- Sesame or til seeds
- Coriander or dhaniya leaves
- To begin with, in a saucepan cook/boil Maggi noodles according to the instructions on the packet without adding the Maggi masala in it.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan heat sesame oil, add garlic, onion, and whole red chillies. Sauté till they are golden brown.
- Then add chopped mushrooms and sauté on low flame for 5 mins.
- Add coconut milk, peanut butter, and mix nicely so that no lumps are formed.
- Then add soy sauce, vinegar, and maple syrup or honey and keep mixing and cook for 5 mins on low flame.
- Next, add salt and black pepper. Mix it and turn off the heat. Add lemon juice.
- Then, drain out the water from boiled Maggi noodles and add cooked noodles to the Thai sauce prepared.
- Finally, serve the Spicy Thai Mushroom Maggi/Ramen hot and top it with coriander leaves, sesame seeds, and roasted peanuts.