This aromatic dish is so good on days you crave something warm, cozy, and spicy. This Spicy Thai Mushroom Maggi/Ramen is full of umami bomb ingredients like soy sauce, mushroom, etc. The texture can be soupy, creamy, or dry as you’d like it to be and the nutty taste of the dish makes you wanna gobble the whole bowl in one go.
The best thing about this Thai twist is an amalgamation of so many different flavours together which elevates the Maggi game to a level unbelievable. So, next time when you buy Maggi or ramen, please ditch that masala(spice) sachet that comes in the packet and give this creamy, fresh, and delicious Spicy Thai Mushroom Maggi a try. I’m sure you’ll love it.
If you like this Spicy Thai Mushroom Maggi/Ramen recipe, there are other amazing mushroom recipes on the blog. Some of my favourites are
Recipe Video – How to make Spicy Thai Mushroom Maggi/ Ramen?Print
Next time you get Maggi or Ramen, ditch the spice sachet and try this easy to make, Spicy Thai Mushroom Maggi/Ramen instead. Thank me later!
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 7–8 cloves of garlic, crushed or diced finely
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2–3 whole red chillies
- 250 gm of mushroom, chopped (I used button mushroom)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 5 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple or date syrup (non-vegan option – honey)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 packets of Maggi or Ramen Noodles
- Roasted peanuts
- Sesame or til seeds
- Coriander or dhaniya leaves
- To begin with, in a saucepan cook/boil Maggi noodles according to the instructions on the packet without adding the Maggi masala in it.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan heat sesame oil, add whole red chillies, garlic and onion. Sauté till they are golden brown. Then add chopped mushrooms and sauté on low flame for 5 mins.
- In a bowl add coconut milk, soy sauce, vinegar, peanut butter, date syrup (or honey) and mix nicely so that no lumps are formed. Add this sauce in the pan.
- Add cooked noodles to the pan. Add salt and black pepper. Mix it and turn off the heat to add lemon juice. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Serve the Spicy Thai Mushroom Maggi/Ramen hot and top/garnish it with coriander leaves, sesame seeds or roasted peanuts.