This Spinach Walnut Sandwich Spread is just such a delicious and nutritious way to elevate your sandwich game. You gotta ditch store-bought ones and try to make your own as it’s so easy and quick to make. Just have to toss some delicious and flavourful ingredients in the food processor or mixer grinder, pulse and you’re done. It stores in the fridge really well and you can whip it out anytime, spread on a toast or sandwich and have an awesome snack.
As always, I am intentional in keeping the ingredients list as simple and clean as possible. The heroes of the dish are of course spinach and walnut, both of which are insanely nutritious for our bodies. Other important ingredients are all so flavourful and provides this spread with a nice texture. These goody-good ingredients make this Spinach Walnut Sandwich Spread rich in nutrients like healthy fat, protien, vitamin C and calcium.Print
This Spinach Walnut Sandwich Spread is an easy to make, a delicious spread made with a few, clean and nutritious ingredients.
- 1 cup blanched spinach
- ½ cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- First, blanch the spinach leaves. Click here to see a helpful tutorial in case you’re not aware how to blanch spinach leaves. Blanching is necessary to retain the green colour of spinach and to cook it a bit before using in the dip.
- Then, in a mixer grinder or food processor, add the blanched spinach, walnuts, parmesan cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, black pepper power, red chiili flakes. Grind it until a smooth spread like paste is made.
- Store in a clean and dry glass jar in a refrigerator. It stays good in the refrigerator for two weeks.
Keywords: spread, sandwich, toast, bread, breakfast