Curd rice is a synonym for comfort food, especially in South India. Curd rice recipe is so simple in terms of preparations but makes for a delectable treat.
Curd rice is perfect meal for a hot summer day. It is also very easy on the stomach and also tastes good while travelling.
Serves 2-3 people
Cooking time 10 minutes
For curd rice mixture –
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 cup plain curd or yogurt or dahi
- 1-inch ginger, grated
- 1 green chili, chopped
- A handful of chopped coriander leaves or dhania
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds or anar
- Salt to taste
For tempering –
- 1 tbsp oil or ghee
- 1 tsp asafoetida or hing
- 1 tsp mustard seeds or sarson ke beej
- 1 tsp cumin seeds or jeera
- 2-3 red chili
- 10-15 curry leaves or kadi patta
- In a mixing bowl, add cooked rice, curd, green chili, ginger, and pomegranate seeds together.
- For tempering heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds or sarson ke beej and cumin seeds or jeera. After the seeds, crackle, add asafoetida or hing, red chili and curry leaves or kadi patta.
- Add the tempering to the curd rice mixture and mix well.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve.