This Tofu Scramble Toast is a protein-rich, easy and quick to prepare breakfast option. It’s hearty, delicious and boosts your morning with the right nutrition. If you like quick, fresh and homemade breakfasts which are wholesome and tasty, look no further because this one is for you.
Ever since I shifted to Germany (which was a month ago), I’ve been eating a lot of open-faced toasts because the bread is just so amazing. While experimenting with different sorts of toast recipes, I thought of doing a series called #thatdelicioustoast on my Instagram. This delicious and nutrient-packed Tofu Scramble Toast is the first one in the series and deservingly so because this one sure does open the series with a bang.
Of course, the star ingredient of this dish is Tofu, which is such a boon for vegetarians and vegans because it’s not only an awesome source of protein but is rich in iron, magnesium, potassium and zinc. Also, adding some veggies gives it a crunch which I very much appreciate.Print
This Tofu Scramble Toast is filling, nutritious and yummy breakfast option. The recipe is easy to follow and make using minimum ingredients.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 200g medium-firm tofu, scrambled
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder, freshly grounded
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 slices of bread
- A handful of chives or coriander for garnish
- Apply olive oil (1 tbsp) on a pan and toast slices of bread from both sides until golden brown.
- In the meantime, on another frying pan, add olive oil (1 tbsp) and saute onions until they are translucent.
- Add red bell pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Add scrambled tofu (you can scramble it using a fork) and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add spinach leaves and cook untill they are whilted i.e. for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spices i.e turmeric powder, cumin powder and chilli flakes. Then, season it with salt and black pepper.
- On a plate, serve this scrambled tofu on toasted bread slices and garnish with herb of choice (chives or coriander)
Feel free to add extra veggies and spices to this scramble. Sometimes, I like to add brocolli, peas or other greens to this. I also like to add garam masala to give it a desi flavour.
Keywords: Tofu Scramble Toast