This Tofu Scramble Toast is filling, nutritious and yummy breakfast option. The recipe is easy to follow and make using minimum ingredients.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 200g medium-firm tofu, scrambled
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder, freshly grounded
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 slices of bread
- A handful of chives or coriander for garnish
- Apply olive oil (1 tbsp) on a pan and toast slices of bread from both sides until golden brown.
- In the meantime, on another frying pan, add olive oil (1 tbsp) and saute onions until they are translucent.
- Add red bell pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Add scrambled tofu (you can scramble it using a fork) and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add spinach leaves and cook untill they are whilted i.e. for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spices i.e turmeric powder, cumin powder and chilli flakes. Then, season it with salt and black pepper.
- On a plate, serve this scrambled tofu on toasted bread slices and garnish with herb of choice (chives or coriander)
Feel free to add extra veggies and spices to this scramble. Sometimes, I like to add brocolli, peas or other greens to this. I also like to add garam masala to give it a desi flavour.
Keywords: Tofu Scramble Toast