It’s lovely to be indulging in rich, flavourful dishes once in a while and really seek pleasure out of it. I love how this Butter Paneer Pulao recipe turned out because not only is it extremely delectable but also mouth-watering to look at. The vibrant colours of capsicum, fresh coriander leaves, tomatoes really complement each other and also makes the dish look appealing. While developing this recipe, I was debating in my mind whether I should use butter or not but I’m glad I did because paneer, veggies and onions sauteed and caramelised in butter makes this paneer pulao dish so pleasantly yummy.Print
This butter paneer pulao is rich, indulgent, so delicious and pretty to look at. What more can one ask? 🙂
- 3 tbsp butter
- 200 gm paneer, cut into cubes
- 1 large red onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ¼ cup of diced capsicum, green and yellow
- ½ cup of white rice which yields 2 cups of cooked rice
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp coriander (dhaniya) powder
- ¼ tsp dry mango (amchur) powder
- 1 tsp jaggery
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
- In a pan add 1½ tbsp butter on low heat. Add cubed paneer, diced capsicum, sauté and flip until the paneer is golden brown on both sides and the capsicum is soft.
- Once it’s done, add more butter (about 1½ tbsp butter) and sauté onions. Keep some of the onion aside to be used later in the recipe.
- Add tomatoes and sauté until mushy.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander (dhaniya) powder, dry mango (amchur) powder, salt, jaggery and mix well.
- Add cooked rice, sauteed paneer, capsicum, rest of the onion slices, mix well and cook for around 5 min.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Butter – Coconut or Olive oil
- Paneer – Tofu