This butter paneer pulao is rich, indulgent, so delicious and pretty to look at. What more can one ask? 🙂
- 3 tbsp butter
- 200 gm paneer, cut into cubes
- 1 large red onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ¼ cup of diced capsicum, green and yellow
- ½ cup of white rice which yields 2 cups of cooked rice
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp coriander (dhaniya) powder
- ¼ tsp dry mango (amchur) powder
- 1 tsp jaggery
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
- In a pan add 1½ tbsp butter on low heat. Add cubed paneer, diced capsicum, sauté and flip until the paneer is golden brown on both sides and the capsicum is soft.
- Once it’s done, add more butter (about 1½ tbsp butter) and sauté onions. Keep some of the onion aside to be used later in the recipe.
- Add tomatoes and sauté until mushy.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander (dhaniya) powder, dry mango (amchur) powder, salt, jaggery and mix well.
- Add cooked rice, sauteed paneer, capsicum, rest of the onion slices, mix well and cook for around 5 min. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Butter – Coconut or Olive oil
- Paneer – Tofu