Palak paneer is a smooth and flavorful spinach curry with tender paneer or cottage cheese cubes. Palak Paneer is definitely one of the most popular and loved North Indian dish.
Palak paneer is low in calories and is very nutritious. It is generally eaten with chapatis and rice and makes for a delicious lunch or dinner.
Palak paneer recipe is a hit amongst guests, friend, family and is a great way for kids to have their greens.
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp asafoetida
- 2 green chillies, sliced lengthways into thin strips, with or without seeds according to preference
- 2 onions, very finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, finely crushed
- 1 in fresh root ginger, finely grated
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1½ cups spinach, pureed (Please check recipe notes)
- 500 gm paneer (cubed)
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, asafoetida, green chillies. When they begin to splutter add onions and fry till turn transparent.
- Add ginger and garlic and fry.
- Add tomatoes and fry till they turn mushy.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and garam masala.
- Add spinach puree.
- Add Paneer cubes and cook for 5-7 mins on simmer.
RECIPE NOTES –
- Blanch (submerge the washes spinach leaves in hot water for 2 minutes and then drain them with cold water) the spinach and then grind them to make puree.