Vegan Noodles Wrap / Kathi Roll
I, like a lot of people, am a sucker for Indo-Chinese food and its glorious flavours. Because, in India, Indo-Chinese food is available anywhere and everywhere, right from the fancy restaurants to streets . And because it’s so accessible and delicious, I’ve grown up eating chow mein, spring roll, soups, chop suey and momos (dim sum) and several other such dishes. Therefore, to go down memory lane, I wanted to create something nostalgic and familiar, yet different. And so, I developed this recipe of Garlicky Vegan Noodles Wrap or Kathi Roll. Without a doubt, these wraps are filled with a garlicky, spicy and flavourful filling which includes noodles and crunchy fresh veggies.
Moreover, the noodles being sautéed in such flavourful sauces perfectly balances out with the crunchy goodness of capsicum and onions. Also, the addition of coriander or dhaniya leaves and white til or sesame seeds add a new layer of flavour and texture for sure. As always, this Vegan Noodles Wrap recipe is also totally adaptable and can be modified as per your personal taste preferences.
Additionally, If you like this Vegan Noodles Wrap recipe, I am happy to let you know that I have many other amazing oriental recipes on my blog. Some of my favourites are Chilli Garlic Mushroom, Sweet and Sour Asian Corn Rice, Veg Lo Mein Noodles, Veg Pad Thai Noodles with Peanut and Carrot Soup. Also, if you make any of my recipes, I’d love to see your beautiful creations. So, please don’t forget to share and tag me in your post on Instagram.
Serves 1 person
Cooking time 20 minutes
Vegan Noodles Wrap Recipe
For garlic noodles
- ½ cup boiled noodles
- 1 tbsp oil
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, crush or diced finely
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sweet Chilli Garlic Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soya Sauce
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder to taste
- Pinch of black pepper
For the wrap
- 1 chapati (wheat flatbread), preferably 5-6 inches in diameter
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 7-8 vertically sliced green capsicum
- A small onion, sliced vertically
- ¼ cup of coriander (dhaniya) leaves
- 1 tsp white til or sesame seeds
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN NOODLES WRAP
- First, in a pan containing boiled water, add noodles and boil them until they are thoroughly cooked. Drain the water and keep boiled noodles aside.
- Next, in a frying pan, add oil, saute crushed garlic and green chilli until they are light brown.
- Then, add soy sauce, white vinegar, sweet chilli sauce and mix.
- Further, add boiled noodles to the sauce and mix in a way that the noodles are completely coated with sauce mix.
- Finally, cover with a lid and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
Wrap/ Kathi Roll
- To begin with, lightly toast the prepared chapati or roti with oil on a pan or tawa.
- Further, when it is done, take off the pan and apply a generous coat of sweet chilli sauce on it.
- Next, in the middle add onion slices.
- Then, add garlic noodles, capsicum slices and more onion slices.
- Next, top with coriander leaves and sesame seeds.
- Finally, distribute the vegan noodles wrap’s filling ingredients evenly and roll it so that all the filing is locked in the wrap.