Do you love those creamy, cheesy corn spinach sandwiches that are generally served in many cafes in India? This Corn Spinach Kathi Roll is a version of that sandwich – only homemade, healthier and in wrap or roll form. It’s healthier because it’s devoid of mayonnaise, processed cheese or ketchup. But it’s as creamy, juicy and full of flavours.
To achieve a creamy and smooth texture in this Corn Spinach Kathi Roll, spread a generous amount of homemade coconut peanut chutney instead of cream, mayo or cheese. You can also add greek yoghurt ot hung curd. The base is just plain old whole wheat chapati and the filling is mashed potatoes, corn and spinach. To top it off, just sprinkle some sautéed onions for crunch and red chilli flaked for that extra spice and pop of colour.Print
This Corn Spinach Kathi Roll is juicy and full of flavours. It’s very easy and quick to put together.
- 2 chapatis (preferably 5-6 inches in diameter)
- ½ cup mashed potatoes
- ⅓ cup boiled corns
- ¼ cup blanched spinach
- 1 tbsp peanut or coconut chutney
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 onion (sliced)
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp coriander or dhania powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- First, lightly toast the prepared chapati or roti with oil on a flat pan.
- Meanwhile, mix mashed potatoes, sweet corn and spinach to make a filling. Add salt, red chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder. Mix it all.
- In another pan, add oil and sauté sliced onion adding in salt and red chilli powder until golden brown.
- Then, take the chapati off the pan and put the filling on the middle of it.
- On the top, add coconut peanut chutney. Then top with some sautéed onions.
- Sprinkle black pepper powder, red chilli flakes.
- Distribute all filling ingredients evenly and roll it so that all the filing is locked in the Corn Spinach Kathi Roll.