I am all about quick, homemade wholesome breakfasts and what better than delicious pancakes for breakfast, right?. Definitely, these Whole Wheat Fluffy Pancakes can lighten up your morning and give a head start to your day. Importantly, this recipe consists of super simple, fewer and easily accessible ingredients. All in all, these Whole Wheat Fluffy Pancakes are
- refined sugar-free
- made with few, simple ingredients
- light and fluffy
As far as toppings are concerned, I like my Whole Wheat Fluffy Pancakes with scrumptious strawberry sauce (that I made from scratch in 5 minutes), some nuts and seeds and honey. However, I usually also like to top them with other fresh fruits and berries, nut butter or Nutella.
Finally, if you are out of breakfast ideas and looking for more recipes, check my breakfast recipe collection. If you have a sweet tooth, go for Choco Chia Pudding Parfait or this Warm Chia Pudding with Caramelized Bananas. Furthermore, you can take a savoury route and check out recipes like Oats Chilla and Onion Tomato Uttapam. Finally, if you make this Whole Wheat Fluffy Pancakes recipe or any other recipe from my blog, please share the pictures with me by tagging me @life_is_delicious_ on Instagram. By all means, I love seeing your beautiful recreations. 🙂
Serves 2 people Yields 5 pancakes
Cooking time 20 minutes
Whole Wheat Fluffy Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup whole wheat
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup milk (dairy or plant based)
- 2 tbsp Organic Honey
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tbsp butter
HOW TO MAKE WHOLE WHEAT FLUFFY PANCAKES
- Firstly, in a mixing bowl, add dry ingredients like whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon powder. Mix them well.
- Then, add milk, honey, vanilla extract and whisk so that no lumps are created.
- Keep this batter aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan on low heat and then grease it with some butter.
- Then, scoop out ⅓ cup of pancake batter and pour it onto the lightly buttered pan.
- Next, cook on low heat until there are small bubbles on the top and bottom of the pancake is golden brown.
- Further, flip and cook the other side too.
- Finally, serve the delicious Whole Wheat Fluffy Pancakes by stacking them over each other and topping with some berries, peanut butter or honey.