White Sauce Pasta Recipe | How To Make White Sauce Pasta
Penne arrabbiata being my favourite pasta, I wasn’t a big fan of any sort of white sauce pasta until very recently. Apparently, that’s the reason why it took me so many months to share this recipe considering I am a huge pasta fan and have already shared many pasta recipes with you guys. But, this White Sauce Pasta recipe that I created in accordance with my own taste and liking won my heart from the first bite itself. So, I am thrilled to share this recipe with you because at first, even I was amazed at how easy to make and customizable the recipe is.
Further, talking about the texture, this White Sauce Pasta recipe has the smoothness of the perfectly creamy sauce which balances out so well with the crunchy onions and bell peppers. Not only that, the aroma of butter sauteed garlic is just out of this world and makes this pasta irresistible. So, I urge you to give this a try even if white sauce pasta is not your game.
Also, I suggest you have this pasta with the super delicious and one of my favourites from the blog, homemade garlic bread. Additionally, if you’re looking for more such delicious pasta recipes, my favourites on my blog are Tomato Basil Pesto Pasta With Chickpeas, Mushroom Aglio Olio Spaghetti, Spinach Pesto Pasta and Penne Arrabiata.
Serves 2-3 people
Cooking time 20 minutes
White Sauce Pasta Recipe
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
- 3-4 cups of water (for cooking or boiling pasta)
- Salt as per taste
- 3-4 tbsp butter
- 5-6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tbsp refined flour or maida
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp Italian dry mix herbs
- 1 tsp black pepper powder, freshly crushed
- A medium-sized onion, diced
- 1 small green capsicum or bell pepper, finely diced
- Red chilli flakes to sprinkle
HOW TO MAKE WHITE SAUCE PASTA RECIPE
For boiling/cooking penne pasta
- In a large saucepan, add 2-3 cups of water and boil it. Add penne pasta, salt in it.
- Boil the pasta till it is cooked properly. Drain the pasta and save the stock (leftover water) to add to the sauce later (if required).
For preparing sauce
- First, in a pan add 2-3 tbsp of butter. Add minced or crushed garlic and saute until they turn golden brown and aromatic.
- Add refined flour or maida and roast for half a minute.
- Then, add milk and keep stirring to remove any lumps made in the mixture.
- Next, keep stirring to form a thick sauce-like consistency.
- Add Italian dry mix herbs, salt, black pepper powder and mix well.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, add rest of the butter and saute diced onions and capsicum.
- Finally, add sauteed onions, capsicum and boiled/ cooked penne pasta and mix well so that the sauce is coated well on the pasta.
- Garnish with red chilli flakes and serve hot.