Vegan Tofu Spinach Scramble is a delicious, versatile dish as it can be eaten in many different ways; on the side of toast, with roti or paratha, or as a filling in a sandwich. Moreover, Vegan Tofu Spinach Scramble makes for an awesome, nutrient-dense breakfast option.
Vegan Tofu Spinach Scramble recipe is easily customizable as it can be made as simple or as elaborate depending on time and ingredients on hand. Additionally, if you want to include cooked beans, more greens or herbs, veggies, that will make for an awesome meal option. Furthermore, if you like this recipe, I’m sure you will also enjoy having a look at this cabbage beetroot sabzi/warm salad recipe.
Serves 2 people
Cooking time 25 minutes
Vegan Tofu Spinach Scramble Recipe
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 tsp cumin (jeera) seeds
- A medium sized onion, diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1-inch ginger, grated
- 1 green chilli, chopped (optional)
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, diced
- 100g tofu, scrambled
- 250g spinach (palak) leaves, chopped
- ⅓ cup sweet corn kernals
- ¼ cup green peas (matar)
- 1 tsp turmeric (haldi) powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander(dhaniya) powder
- Pinch of red chilli powder
How to make Vegan Tofu Spinach Scramble
- Firstly, heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and green chillies to it.
- When the cumin seeds start to turn brownish, add and
sauté ginger, garlic and onions until they are golden brown.
- Next, add tomatoes and cook till they turn mushy.
- Boil sweet corn and green peas on the side.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander powder and salt. Cook for 2-3 mins.
- Then, add chopped
spinach,scrambled tofu, and boiled sweet corn and green peas.
- Lastly, mix well, cover the pan and cook for about 7-10 mins on low heat.