Pumpkin pasta is a vegan, dairy-free alternative to a classic creamy white sauce pasta. This recipe is simple, easy-to-make, and hassle-free. Hence, I would highly recommend giving this a try and even customize it according to your preference. Apart from the ingredients already mentioned in this Pumpkin Pasta recipe, you can also add things like garlic, onion, veggie broth, dijon mustard, sliced vegetables etc to give it more depth of flavour.
Using pumpkin as a main ingredient in this pasta sauce has definitely blown my mind in terms of the variety of possibilities in which one can use different ingredients. Therefore, if you’re into experimenting with your cooking, go ahead and make this recipe for your family and friends. If you do, please don’t forget to share it with me on my Instagram by tagging me. I love seeing your beautiful food creations.
Finally, if you enjoy this recipe, you will definitely love other pasta recipes on my
Pumpkin Pasta | Dairy-free and Creamy
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Vegan
Pumpkin pasta is a dairy-free, healthy, creamy pasta that can be made easily. It has a very smooth, soft texture and extremely flavourful.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup chickpea flour or besan
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning mix
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp dry Italian herbs
- 2 cup cooked or boiled pasta
- In a pan, heat olive oil. Then, on low heat, add and roast chickpea flour (besan) until it is fragrant and turns light brown.
- Next, add coconut milk. Stir and mix to form a thick paste. Add pumpkin puree and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add black pepper powder, dry Italian herb, salt and Italian seasoning mix, red chilli flakes and mix well. Add boiled or cooked pasta to the freshly prepared pumpkin sauce. Mix well.
- Finally, garnish the pumpkin pasta with coriander leaves and serve hot.