Vegan Pineapple Laddus are bite-sized sweet balls of aromatic and delicious goodness. It’s an Indian sweet that requires only 5 ingredients.
- 1 cup finely chopped pineapple
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup sugar or jaggery powder
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- ¼ cup finely chopped cashew nuts
- Chop pineapple into very fine slices. You can also blend to make a chunky paste but make sure the paste is not smooth.
- Once chopped, add it to a pan on medium-low heat and start to cook it down for a good 15-20 minutes. Then add sugar and make sure you keep stirring for another 10 minutes to avoid sticking on the bottom of the pan. Let all moisture from the pineapples to evaporate.
- Then, add desiccated coconut and cardamom powder to the pan and start mixing. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add finely chopped cashew nuts and cook the mixture on low heat for 5 minutes. Once done, take it off the heat and let it cool.
- Using your palms, make rounds balls or laddus in the size of your liking.