These Vegan Matar Kebabs are a perfect bite-sized party appetizer and tastes amazing. They turn out very crispy on the outside and melty on the inside without deep frying.
- ¾ cup peas or matar
- ½ cup coriander and mint leaves or dhania, pudina
- ⅓ cup cashew nuts or kaju
- ½ cup mashed potato
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour or besan
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder, to taste
- Salt, as needed
- Oil, to shallow fry cutlets
- In a mixing bowl, add peas (matar), coriander & mint leaves, and cashews and grind to make a chunky paste. The paste doesn’t need to be smooth as little chunks of cashew and peas taste good in this kebab.
- Then, in that bowl add mashed potatoes, peas cashew puree, cornflour, rice flour, chickpea flour, all spices, and salt.
- Combine all ingredients well using your hands to make a dough. Grease your hands with oil and shape the mixture into small kebabs. This shape can be round and flat or long.
- Finally, heat oil in a pan and shallow fry until all sides are crispy and light brown. Serve these matar cutlets with chutney or ketchup.