Vegan Lauki Coconut Halwa is the best way to enjoy the festive spirit deliciously yet guilt-free. Find a step-by-step recipe for this quick dessert.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup mixed nuts of choice
- 2½ cups lauki or bottle gourd, grated
- ¼ cup jaggery (or more according to taste)
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp elaichi or cardamom powder
- Rose petals, for garnish
- Coconut powder (optional)
- First, in a pan, heat coconut oil and sauté chopped mix nuts and dried fruits of choice for a minute.
- Then, add grated Lauki and cook on low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Next, add coconut milk. Mix well and cook down for 10 minutes.
- Then, add jaggery, elaichi powder and mix well.
- Finally, serve hot and garnish with rose petals.
If you like more coconut flavour, you can add also coconut powder after coconut milk.