The festive season has already begun and with it has also come happiness and joy of celebration. And any celebration is incomplete without good festive food. And in the same spirit today I’m sharing this utterly delicious Vegan Lauki Coconut Halwa. Who knew the boring old lauki (bottle gourd) could turn into such a delicious dessert. And the best part is that it’s vegan and completely dairy-free, healthy, refined sugar and oil-free. What more can one ask for?
This recipe is very basic, simple, affordable, and is a great way to make your kids have their veggies. This Vegan Lauki Coconut Halwa is as nutritious as it can be without compromising on the taste. One final announcement, I along with five fellow food bloggers started this initiative called #cookfestiveflavours and this is my first entry to this collaboration for week 1 theme which is festive food under 30 minutes.
If you like this Vegan Lauki Coconut Halwa recipe, I am happy to let you know that I have many other Dessert recipes on my blog. Some of my favourites are
- Homemade Jalebi
- Rasmalai French Toast With Kesar Filling
- Gujiya Recipe
- Protein-rich laddus
- Anjeer ki Barfi
- Chaulai /Rajgira Ka Halwa
- Sugar-free Dates Barfi
- Coconut Laddus
Vegan Lauki Coconut Halwa is the best way to enjoy the festive spirit deliciously yet guilt-free. Find a step-by-step recipe for this quick dessert.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup mixed nuts of choice
- 2½ cups lauki or bottle gourd, grated
- ¼ cup jaggery (or more according to taste)
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp elaichi or cardamom powder
- Rose petals, for garnish
- Coconut powder (optional)
- First, in a pan, heat coconut oil and sauté chopped mix nuts and dried fruits of choice for a minute.
- Then, add grated Lauki and cook on low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Next, add coconut milk. Mix well and cook down for 10 minutes.
- Then, add jaggery, elaichi powder and mix well.
- Finally, serve hot and garnish with rose petals.
If you like more coconut flavour, you can add also coconut powder after coconut milk.