Vegan Lauki Coconut Halwa | Bottle Gourd Coconut Pudding
The festive season has already begun and with it has also come happiness and joy of celebration. And any celebration is incomplete without good festive food. Am I right? 🙂 And in the same spirit today I’m sharing with you this utterly delicious Vegan Lauki Coconut Halwa. Seriously, just look at it. Who knew the boring old lauki could turn into such a delicious dessert. And the best part is that it’s vegan and completely dairy-free, healthy, refined sugar and oil-free. What more can one ask?
Furthermore, this recipe is very basic, simple, affordable and is a great way to make your kids have their veggies. Importantly, I’d like to point out that I’ve left no stones unturned in keeping this Vegan Lauki Coconut Halwa as healthy and nutritious as possible without compromising on the taste. One final announcement, I along with five fellow food bloggers started this initiative called #cookfestiveflavours and this is my first entry to this collaboration for week 1 theme which is festive food under 30 minutes.
Additionally, If you like this Vegan Lauki Coconut Halwa recipe, I am happy to let you know that I have many other Dessert recipes on my blog. Some of my favourites are Homemade Jalebi, Sugar-free Dates Barfi, Coconut Laddus. Also, if you make any of my recipes, I’d love to see your beautiful creations. So, please don’t forget to share and tag me in your post on Instagram.
Serves 3-4 people
Cooking time 24 minutes
Vegan Lauki Coconut Halwa Recipe
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup mixed nuts of choice
- 2½ cups Lauki or bottle gourd, grated
- ¼ cup jaggery (or more according to taste)
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp elaichi or cardamom powder
- Rose petals, for garnish
- Coconut powder (optional)
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN LAUKI COCONUT HALWA
- First, in a pan, heat coconut oil and sauté chopped mix nuts and dried fruits of choice for a minute.
- Then, add grated Lauki and cook on low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Next, add coconut milk. Mix well and cook down for 10 minutes.
- Then, add jaggery, elaichi powder and mix well.
- Finally, serve hot and garnish with rose petals.
- If you like more coconut flavour, you can add also coconut powder after coconut milk.