The month of January demands rich, flavourful, comforting soups and while we all like awesome soups like mix veg soup, corn soup or tomato soup, they do take some effort and time to make. I like making them in large batches so that I have enough for some days. However, what beats all that effort and time though, is this sumptuous Vegan Creamy Mushroom Soup. It’s just so easy and quick to make that it can be made in a jiffy when your kids are hungry or guests arrive unexpectedly. If you like this Creamy Mushroom Recipe, I’m sure you’ll also like other soup recipes on my blog.
Vegan Creamy Mushroom Soup recipe has some really refreshing and wholesome ingredients and of course, uses no dairy products. The flavours are amazing, aromatic (thanks to the veg bouillon for adding such a blast of flavour) and the texture is so smooth and creamy. Additionally, I feel like using besan or chickpea flour for this recipe was such a wise choice because it is so much than maida or refined flour and adds that perfect smoothness that is so vital for this creamy mushroom soup recipe.
Serves 1 person
Cooking time 15 minutes
CREAMY MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPE
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 5-6 garlic cloves, crushed finely
- 1 medium onion, diced finely
- 200 gm mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup of besan or chickpea flour
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 1 Maggi vegetable stock bouillon cube
- ¼ tsp of black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 handful of coriander (dhaniya) leaves for garnish
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY MUSHROOM SOUP
- First, heat coconut oil in a pan. On low to medium heat, sauté garlic, onions and mushroom until they are golden brown.
- Add besan or chickpea flour to it. Mix well so that there are no lumps in it. Do it for 3-4 minutes. Keep stirring so that the flour doesn’t burn.
- Add coconut milk. Mix everything really well and allow coconut milk to get warmer for about a minute.
- Then, add one vegetable stock bouillon cube and mix well so that cube completely dissolves in the soup and there are no lumps left.
- After stirring and cooking for 5 minutes on low to medium heat, the soup has a very thick and creamy consistency.
- At this point, add black pepper powder, red chilli flakes.
- Lastly, g
arnishwith coriander leaves and serve with toasted bread.