These Vegan Corn Fritters are loaded with wholesome veggies. It used very little oil and makes for a quick snack or a light meal.
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 cup grated and diced veggies (carrots, zucchini, red bell pepper, onions)
- 1/2 cup Sweet Corns Kernels, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (mint, coriander, basil)
- 1/4 cup Besan gram flour/chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour/maida
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder or flakes
- Salt as needed
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Put a big sieve or colander on a big bowl. Add grated veggies, corn, and herbs. Then add salt to it and let the veggies sit for 15 minutes until they release water. Veggies should look soft and wilted. Squeeze out any extra water. The less moisture there is, the less soggy the fritters are going to be.
- In a mixing bowl, add the veggies, chickpea flour (besan), all-purpose flour (maida), cornflour. Mix well.
- To this mixture, add only a little salt as we added some earlier too, red chilli powder, garam masala, baking soda, and lemon juice. Mix it and using your palms, scoop out 3 tbsp of the mixer and make round patties.
- Grease a flat pan with some oil. Over medium heat, pan-fry until golden brown which takes around 2-3 minutes. You should be able to lift the fritter with a spatula once it’s done. Flip and cook the other side in the same way.