Formerly, sandwich spreads like mayonnaise were made using eggs and dairy products. Now, there are many eggless options available in the market but not many dairy-free, sugar-free and oil-free ones. Well, bid goodbye to those store-bought, preservative laden sandwich spreads because today I have a simple, easy to make and delicious Vegan Cashew Sandwich Spread that is
- Quick and easy to make
- Requies few ingredients
Not to mention, this recipe is totally customizable and its versatility is what makes it even more special. For example, I like my spread to be a little crunchy, so I have not blended it to be a smooth paste but left it a little chunky instead. Obviously, this Vegan Cashew Sandwich Spread is loved by kids and adults alike and can be devoured by spreading a generous amount on toasts, crackers, sandwiches or wraps.
Additionally, if you liked this Vegan Cashew Sandwich Spread recipe and looking for more such spreads/ dips recipes, I’m sure you’ll also love Mexican Guacamole Dip, Lemon-mint flavoured Hummus and Muhammara Dip.Print
Vegan Cashew Sandwich Spread is not only simple, easy to make but is creamy, herby, dairy-free, sugar-free and oil-free and is loved by kids & adults alike.
- 10 –15 cashews
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp white sesame or til seed
- ¼ cup coconut cream or milk (thick)
- 2 garlic or lehsun cloves
- 1 tbsp Dry mix herbs
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped finely
- First, soak cashews in water for 3-4 hours or overnight
- Then, drain the water and add the cashews in a mixer grinder.
- Next, add white sesame or til seeds, coconut cream or milk, garlic cloves and blend into a smooth paste or a chunky one depending on your preference.
- Finally, transfer the paste in a mixing bowl, add mix dry herbs, salt, pepper and finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
Keywords: vegan, cashews, sandwich, toasts, spread