Tangy, sweet and spicy Tomato Bean Dip which is very delicious and healthy at the same time. It can be relished with crackers, nachos, chips or any finger snack.
- 1 cup cooked/boiled kidney beans or rajma
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 3–4 cloves of garlic
- ⅓ cup dry roasted mixed seeds (like pumpkin, sunflower, hemp)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp jaggery powder or whole cane sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder, freshly ground
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- Salt to taste
- Slice tomatoes and onions into big chunks. Peel the garlic.
- In a pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil and saute tomato, onion and garlic or meduim low for 15 minutes or until tomatoes become totally mushy and starts to leave their skin. Let it cool.
- Once cool, add this mixture, cooked kidney beans and all the other ingredients in a mixer or food processor.
- Blend will a smooth dip like consistency is achieved.
Keywords: Vegan, tomato, kidney beans, dips, condiments