Sweet & Sour Asian Corn Rice
If you have some leftover rice lying around or even freshly made rice, Sweet & Sour Asian Corn Rice is hands down the best rice dish you can make. Sweet & Sour Asian Corn Rice is an explosion of a concoction of a variety of flavours.
Moreover, Sweet & Sour Asian Corn Rice is sweet, sour and spicy and is a treat to your taste buds. Not only that, it’s recipe has a classic Chinese flavour with nutritious veggies stir-fried for that crunchy goodness.
Serves 2 people
Cooking time – 15 minutes
Sweet & Sour Asian Corn Rice Recipe
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup red, yellow and green capsicum, chopped finely
- ¼ cup sweet corn kernels
- 4 baby corns, chopped
- 2 cups of cooked plain white rice
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp red chilli powder or flakes
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- Half a lemon, juices
- 1 tbsp maple or date syrup (non-vegan option – honey)
HOW TO MAKE SWEET & SOUR ASIAN CORN RICE
- First, in a wok or a pan, heat sesame oil and add onions and crushed garlic and sauté until the onions and translucent and light brown.
- Then, add capsicums, sweet corn and baby corn and stir-fry for 5 minutes
- Add vinegar and soy sauce and mix gently. Add maple/date syrup or honey and lemon juice after 2 minutes and keep cooking on low flame.
- Next, add salt and black pepper and red chilli powder for spice.
- Add cooked white rice to this mixture and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, garnish with some chopped green onion and serve Sweet & Sour Asian Corn Rice hot.