Peanut Sweet Rice With Coconut is aromatic, nutty (thanks to crunchy peanuts), and has a subtle sweetness. It’s a quick meal option made with only 7 ingredients.
- 1 tbsp ghee
- ½ cup peanuts
- 10–12 cardamom pods or choti ilaichi, freshly ground
- 1 tsp fennel seeds or saunf
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 2 tbsp jaggery powder or whole cane sugar
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Heat ghee in a pan on medium heat. Roast peanuts for around 5 mins on medium-low heat until they are crunchy.
- Then add freshly ground cardamom powder and fennel seeds.
- Add cooked rice followed by jaggery powder. Mix well.
- Take the pan off the heat and garnish with desiccated coconut.
Add a pinch of salt to bring out the sweetness in this dish. Read more about in the Tips and Tricks section of this post.