Sweet and Spicy Apple Chutney is a flavorful mix of goodness. It is tangy, fiery and hit sweet notes at the same time. The best part is that it is very easy to make and doesn’t; take much time. You just need 5 simple ingredients and around 25 minutes in your hand. Of course, there are many recipe versions of apple chutney on the internet but I think this is one of the quickest and easiest to make, yet so freaking delicious.
The apple chutney recipe is totally customizable and the quantities of red
If you like this Apple Chutney recipe, here are some other chutney recipe in the blogPrint
This oil-free sweet and spicy apple chutney is made using only 5 simple ingredients. It tastes tangy, sweet and fiery at the same time.
- 5–6 medium-sized apples (preferably not ripe)
- 2 tbsp sugar or jaggery powder
- 1 whole cinnamon stick or 1 tsp ground cinnamon powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Peel off the skin on apples and dice them into small chunks.
- In a pan, add diced apples and start cooking on low to medium heat.
- Add sugar and wait for the apples to caramelize. Add a cinnamon stick or some cinnamon powder.
- Add salt to taste and red chilli and mix everything together. Cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Set aside to cool (and if you added a cinnamon stick then take that out) and then grind it in a blender for a few seconds to make a smooth thick chutney-like paste.
- Keep this chutney refrigerated to make it last for weeks.
- Add or reduce red chilli according to your own heat preferance.