This oil-free sweet and spicy apple chutney is made using only 5 simple ingredients. It tastes tangy, sweet and fiery at the same time.
- 5–6 medium-sized apples (preferably not ripe)
- 2 tbsp sugar or jaggery powder
- 1 whole cinnamon stick or 1 tsp ground cinnamon powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Peel off the skin on apples and dice them into small chunks.
- In a pan, add diced apples and start cooking on low to medium heat.
- Add sugar and wait for the apples to caramelize. Add a cinnamon stick or some cinnamon powder.
- Add salt to taste and red chilli and mix everything together. Cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Set aside to cool (and if you added a cinnamon stick then take that out) and then grind it in a blender for a few seconds to make a smooth thick chutney like paste.
- Keep this chutney refrigerated to make it last for weeks.
- Add or reduce red chilli according to your own heat preferance.
Keywords: Vegan, chutney, apples