Sipping tea and having some good cake with it by the window when it rains outside is a monsoon must romantic idea. And for that, we are sharing a hassle-free, quick and delicious Suji/Rava/Semolina Eggless Cake in Pressure Cooker Recipe.
Suji/Rava/Semolina Eggless Cake in Pressure Cooker Recipe is **wait for it** maida free, oil free, eggless, oven free and does not need any fancy equipment or utensils. This recipe comes out so beautifully and the cake is soft, spongy and moist. This entire cake recipe takes less than an hour to make including the preparation part.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar or according to taste (Jaggery can also be used)
- 2 tbsp ghee or clarified butter
- 1 tbsp malai or fresh cream (optional)
- 1 cup dahi / curd / yoghurt
- 2 cups Suji / Rava/ Semolina
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- A handful of nuts, dryfruits or tutti-frutti (optional)
- In a blending jar, add milk, sugar, and ghee/clarified butter and blend periodically for 10 minutes to form a smooth paste.
- In a mixing bowl, add this paste ,add dahi or yoghurt and mix well.
- Add Suji/ Rava/ Semolina and mix well. Add vanilla extract and baking powder and again mix well and form a batter like consistency. You can also add nuts, dry fruits or tutti-fruity at this point.
- Grease the cake tin with ghee on the inside thoroughly so that the cake does not stick to its inner walls while unmoulding. Transfer this batter into a cake tin (Use an aluminum utensil instead if cake tin is not available but it might turn blackish)
- On the pressure cooker, remove the gasket (black rubber) from the lid and then remove the whistle. Put 2 cups of salt inside the pressure cooker and then a stand or small bowl to put the cake tin on.
- Preheat the pressure cooker for 10-15 minutes on high heat.
- Put the cake tin with batter inside the pressure cooker on the bowl or stand
- Bake in a preheated pressure cooker for 45 minutes to 70 minutes. (Ours got baked in 45 minutes but it also might take a little more than an hour. Keep checking with a toothpick if the cake is done after 45 minutes. Insert the toothpick in came. The cake is completely baked if the toothpick comes out absolutely clean.)
- After the cake is baked, let it cool down completely before unmoulding it or taking it out of the cake tin.
- Decorate with grated dark chocolate or any icing or fruits of your choice.