Who doesn’t like some nice, guilt-free sweets that are actually amazingly delicious and nutritious at the same time? These sugarfree sweet laddus are a protein-rich energy filled treat that you can enjoy without worrying about the calories.
Serves 4-5 people
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time15 minutes
- ½ cup peanuts
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup white sesame seeds
- Roast peanuts in a pan for 10 minutes on low heat. Keep stirring them continuously so that they don’t burn and turn blackish.
- Let the roasted peanuts cool down. Once they are cool, grind them in a mixer or food processor into a thick paste.
- Soak deseeded dates in water for 20 mins. Drain water and grind them lightly into a grainy textured paste in a mixer or food processor.
- In a mixing bowl, mix peanut paste, dates paste and unsweetened cocoa powder together to make a thick paste.
- Make round balls of the mixture.
- On a plate or tray lay out the white sesame seeds and roll the round balls or laddus on the sesame seeds. The seeds will stick to the laddus.