Sugar-free and Oil-free Khajur Barfi or Dates Bar | DIWALI SPECIAL | How to make Khajur Barfi
Do you have a sweet tooth and can’t resist sweets and desserts but worries about your diabetes or gaining weight. Wee worry no more, because this festive season sweet is added and refined sugar free and oil free. It can be taken in moderation for sugar conscious people.
Khajur Barfi or Dates Bar is a vegan, oil free and sugar free sweets option which is nutritious, delicious, low in glycemic index, rich in dietary fiber, proteins and vitamins. It has rich flavour thanks to all the super food nuts which also add a nice crunch to an overall soft dates barfi.
Serves 7-10 people
Cooking time 15 minutes
- 1 cup soft dates or khajur, desseded
- 1⁄4 cup almonds or badam, dry roasted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chashew nuts or kaju, dry roasted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pistachio or pista, dry roasted and chopped
- 2 tbsp cardomom or elaichi powder
- 3-4 tbsp coconut powder
- In a mixer grinder, take very soft variety of dates after deseeding them and blend into am thick smooth paste.
- In a mixing bowl, add cardamom or elaichi powder and all nut like chopped almonds. cashews and pistas to the dates or khajur paste.
- Mix everything really well.
- On a flat plate or tray spread a butter paper or aluminium foil and flatten the mixture using hands or rolling pin and make a rectangular shape of about 5 mm thickness.
- Let it cool in a refrigerator for about 2-4 hours and then using a sharp knife cut into square-shaped barfis or bars. Garnish with sliced pistachio, coconut or almonds.