To begin with, stuffed Capsicum is not only visually appealing but also incredibly delicious. Moreover, Stuffed Capsicum recipe is very fun and simple to make which is why it is a perfect dish to make for unannounced guests. Also, the vibrant colours make it very appealing to kids and can be packed a school or office lunch. Importantly, it has a very distinct flavour and taste which will make you relish it with great joy.
Typically, in India stuffed capsicum recipe involves mainly potato-based filling. However, in this stuffed capsicum recipe, I’ve tried to incorporate a unique Indo-Mexican flavour in the filling. Therefore, we have classic Mexican ingredients like tomatoes, sweet corn, kidney beans, chilli along with potato and paneer. Moreover, if you like Stuffed Capsicum Recipe and looking for more, I’m sure you’ll love Mexican Salsa Dip and Mexican Guacamole Dip Recipe.
Additionally, if you liked this Mango Salsa recipe and looking for more such Mexican recipes, I’m sure you’ll also love Guacamole Dip, Mexican Tomato Salsa Dip and Mango Salsa.
Finally, if you make this Mango Salsa recipe or any other recipe from my blog, please share the pictures with me by tagging me @life_is_delicious_ on Instagram. Wholeheartedly, I love seeing your beautiful recreations. 🙂
Serves 4 people
Cooking time 30 minutes
Stuffed Capsicum Recipe
INGREDIENTS (Stuffed Capsicum Recipe)
- ½ cup mashed potato
- ¼ cup boiled rajma or red kidney beans
- ½ cup grated paneer (an Indian cheese)
- ¼ cup boiled sweet corns
- ⅓ cup tomatoes, finely diced
- ¼ cup carrots, finely diced
- A handful of coriander or dhaniya leaves
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder or flakes
- 2 tbsp Mexican Seasoning mix
- 4-5 capsicum or bell peppers or
- 150 gm grated processed cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
HOW TO MAKE STUFFED CAPSICUM RECIPE
- First, prepare the filling by mixing all the ingredients mentioned under the filling heading well.
- Then, cut the capsicum from the middle vertically with the stem upwards.
- Next, remove the seeds from inside and cut the core and stem out.
- Then, stuff the filling inside the capsicum leaving some room at the top for the cheese.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a pan on low flame. Add stuffed capsicum on the pan with the stuffed past up.
- Further, cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Next, after 10 minutes, add grated cheese on the top of the stuffed capsicums.
- Then, cook for another 7-8 minutes.
- Next, keep checking in between and move the capsicums around to avoid burning.
- Finally, ff the capsicum starts burning, add a little water and cook. Serve hot with freshly made rotis.