One should leverage this short and sweet strawberry season in India. It’s time to savour and relish as much of these beautiful berry fruit as possible. Since strawberries are in abundance everywhere, I desired to experiment and create a sort of mithai cum energy bite using them. However, I wanted to create something that would not be ridiculously sweet and unhealthy. I also wanted to retains the intrinsic tartiness of strawberries. Hence, I came up with these super delicious date sweetened Strawberry Coconut Laddu recipe. Strawberry Coconut Laddu is not only very delicious but is also vegan, gluten-free, oil-free and refined sugar-free. In my books, that’s a win-win! 🙂
This Strawberry Coconut Laddu recipe demands very few, simple wholesome ingredients which are very accessible. Moreover, thanks to the oats and nuts in the recipe, strawberry coconut laddus are very protein rich and can serve as awesome post workout energy bites. Additionally, store the Strawberry Coconut Laddu in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one week.
This post reminds me of other laddu recipes I have shared on my blog in the past like 4 ingredient oil free Coconut laddus, Protein rich Laddus, Sugar-Free Choco Peanut Laddus, Choco Oatmeal Raisin Bites.
Serves 5 people Yields around 10-15 laddus (depends on the size)
Cooking time 15 -20 minutes
Strawberry Coconut Laddu Recipes
- 1 cup strawberries
- 10 soft dates
- ⅓ cup oats
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts and seeds (almonds, cashews, pumpkin, sunflower seeds)
- ⅓ cup powdered coconut
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY COCONUT
- Firstly, in a mixer grinder add all the nuts and seeds, preferably, in the spice jar and grind until powder is formed.
- Then, add strawberries, deseeded dates and blend again.
- Next, add powdered coconut and dry roasted oats.
- Blend until you get a textured paste.
- Roll the paste into round balls or laddus.
- Finally, on a flat tray, spread powdered coconut and then roll the laddus over it so that it’s coated on the surface of the laddus.