South Indian Peanut Chutney is a creamy, rich and utterly delicious South-Indian chutney. South Indian Peanut chutney is a versatile chutney as it can be savoured with dosa, idli, uttapam and even parathas.
Moreover, South Indian Peanut Chutney is very healthy as it is rich in protein. Also, the musturd seeds and curry leaves lend their aromatic flavour making it even more delicious.
Additionally, if you like South Indian Peanut Chutney recipe and looking for more such recipe, I think you will also love South Indian Tomato Chutney, Imli Chutney, Sweet and Spicy Apple Chutney and Mint and Coriander Green Chutney.
Serves 5-6 people
Cooking time 15-20 minutes
South Indian Peanut Chutney Recipe
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- Water as required
- ¼ cup yogurt or curd or dahi
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds or sarson ke beej
- 10 -15 curry leaves or kadi patta
- 3-4 dry red chilies
- 1 green chili, chopped
- Salt as per taste
- 1 pinch asafoetida
HOW TO MAKE SOUTH INDIAN PEANUT CHUTNEY
- First, dry roast the peanut in a hot skillet and make sure you keep stirring them so that they don’t burn and turn black.
- Then let the roasted peanuts cool down. Once they cool down, add sufficient amount of water and grind them in a mixer into a thick paste.
- Add yoghurt or curd to the paste.
- For tempering, heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds.
- Then, when the mustard seeds crackle, add curry leaves, green chilli, and dry red chilli into the pan.
- After 2 mins, add the tempering into the peanut paste.
- Finally, add salt and mix well.