To start with, Sabudana Sweet Potato Tikki is made from simple falahar ingredients especially curated together for having during Navratri festival where fast is observed by some people in India. For the record, this vrat recipe is hands down one of our favourite dishes and it is served hot with a falahar chutney which is made of coriander and mint leaves. lemon juice, rock salt, and red chilli powder.
Moreover, Sabudana Sweet Potato Tikki is golden brown in colour and is crispy from the outside and soft from the inside. In addition to that, despite having fewer ingredients, this vrat or fast recipe contains varied flavours like salty, sour, sweet, and spicy which makes it utterly delicious.
Additionally, if you liked this Sabudana Sweet Potato Tikki recipe and looking for Navratri recipes, I’m sure you’ll also lovePrint
Sabudana Sweet Potato Tikki is crisp from outside & soft from inside. Despite having fewer ingredients it has salty, sour, sweet & spicy flavours.
- 1⁄2 cup sabudana or sago (tapioca)
- 1 cup sweet potato, boiled and mashed
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts, crushed
- Rock salt or sendha namak, to taste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- First, wash sabudana thoroughly and then soak them in water for at least 3-4 hours or overnight. When it doubles up in size and becomes soft and can be easily mashed between your fingers it is ready to be used. Drain all the water completely and let them dry.
- Then, boil sweet potato until it softens up, peel it off, and mash it without any lumps.
- Next, add drained sabudana, mashed potato in a mixing bowl and mix well. Add coriander or dhaniya leaves, rock salt, red chili powder, jeera powder, and mix.
- Dry roast some peanuts and blend them when they cool off and make a dry paste. Add the crushed peanuts to the mixture. Add lemon juice to it and mix.
- Further, make small patty shaped round tikkis. In a pan, heat up some oil and fry the freshly made patties or tikkis on low flame.
- Flip them after 3-4 minutes when they look crisp brownish golden on one side. Fry the other side as well.