Sabudana Khichdi recipe is simple & quick to make, falahar dish to consume during Navratri Fast. It is also a very popular breakfast dish in India.
- 2 tbsp oil or ghee
- 1⁄2 cup sabudana or tapioca pearls
- 2 cups water for soaking sabudana
- 1⁄3 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 potato, boiled, peeled, and diced
- 2 tsp cumin seeds or jeera
- 10 curry leaves
- Rock salt or sendha namak to taste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves or dhaniya, chopped
- First, heat oil or ghee in a pan on low flame. Add cumin seeds or jeera and let it turn brownish.
- Then, add curry leaves, roasted peanuts and sauté or cook for 1-2 minutes. Add sliced potato and sauté or cook for 2 minutes.
- Add sabudana, rock salt and red chilli powder. Mix everything gently.
- Finally, serve this Sabudana Khichdi recipe hot and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- If you don’t consume cumin seeds or jeera, please feel free to eliminate it from this Sabudana Khichdi recipe