First of all, Happy Navratri to all! 🙂 Here, this week I have been sharing a lot of Navratri recipes especially for people observing vrat or fast. Without a doubt, Sabudana or Sago (tapioca) has to be one of the most popular ingredients during this time as it is so versatile and can be used in many sweet and savoury dishes ranging from vada, cutlets, roti, parantha, khichdi, kheer etc.
This Sabudana Khichdi recipe is simple and quick to make, healthy falahar dish to consume during Navratri or even otherwise.
In addition to that, Sabudana khichdi is also a popular breakfast dish and is usually relished with chai. Especially, the addition of peanuts makes the otherwise carbohydrate-rich dish protein-packed.
If you liked this Sabudana Khichdi recipe and looking for Navratri recipes, I’m sure you’ll also lovePrint
Sabudana Khichdi recipe is simple & quick to make, falahar dish to consume during Navratri Fast. It is also a very popular breakfast dish in India.
- 2 tbsp oil or ghee
- 1⁄2 cup sabudana or tapioca pearls
- 2 cups water for soaking sabudana
- 1⁄3 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 potato, boiled, peeled, and diced
- 2 tsp cumin seeds or jeera
- 10 curry leaves
- Rock salt or sendha namak to taste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves or dhaniya, chopped
- First, heat oil or ghee in a pan on low flame. Add cumin seeds or jeera and let it turn brownish.
- Then, add curry leaves, roasted peanuts and sauté or cook for 1-2 minutes. Add sliced potato and sauté or cook for 2 minutes.
- Add sabudana, rock salt and red chilli powder. Mix everything gently.
- Finally, serve this Sabudana Khichdi recipe hot and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- If you don’t consume cumin seeds or jeera, please feel free to eliminate it from this Sabudana Khichdi recipe