Rose infused milk with creamy pistachios is a rich and flavourful beverage perfect for festivals. It can be served hot or cold.
- 1½ cup full fat milk
- ⅓ cup dried rose petals
- 1 tbsp cardamom pods
- 1½ tbsp jaggery powder or whole cane sugar
- ¼ cup pistachios
- Boil full-fat milk in a sauce pan.
- Once it boils, add dried rose petals, crushed cardamom pods and jaggery powder. Simmer the heat and keep reducing the milk to thicken it.
- Keep stirring so that the milk doesn’t burn. Keep reducing it for about 20 minutes on low flame.
- Meanwhile, crush unsalted pistachios in a mortal pestle into very small chunk almost like a powder. You can so it in a food processor or mixer.
- Once the milk is reduced, strain the milk.
- Add crushed pistachio chunks/powder to the milk and mix well.
- If you have salted pistachios, wash then under running water. Let them dry before using in this recipe.
- You can add cardamom powder instead of crush whole cardamom. This way, you can choose not to strain the milk as rose petals are edible.
Keywords: milk, begerage, hot, hot drinks, holi, holi recipes